- Also in this section...
- Admission Requirements: Graduate
- Admission Requirements: MSN
- Admission Requirements: Undergraduate
- Admission Requirements: RN to BSN Degree Completion
- Home School Applicants
- High School Student Applicants
If you are a home school student who wishes to enroll at Grantham University while concurrently finishing a home school high school degree/equivalent, you may apply for admission as a non-degree seeking student and enroll in no more than four credit hours (undergraduate coursework) per term. The provost may make an exception if you wish to enroll in more than four credit hours. You must also demonstrate one of the following:
- ACT with a minimum average selection index of 18
- SAT with a minimum average selection index of 440 Math and 440 English
- PSAT with a minimum average selection index of 147
- Successful completion (grade “C” or higher) of college coursework in which college credit was earned
- State verification of minimum 11th grade level competency
If you are beyond the age of compulsory school attendance and has not completed secondary school through home schooling, you must meet one of the above criteria to establish eligibility to benefit from instruction at our University. If below the compulsory age of attendance, you will not be permitted to enroll until it is determined that enrollment won’t be detrimental to your academic success. If you do not meet the enrollment requirements, a record will be made showing the reasons for acceptance. All exceptions to the above guidelines will be based on review and approval of the record by the provost. You must attain your high school diploma or equivalent before being allowed to enroll into an online degree program.
Process for Record of Exceptions
Two recommendations are required. One must be completed by the home-school administrator and the other must be completed by a parent or guardian. If the educational administrator is the parent or guardian, the second recommendation must be from an individual meeting the following criteria:
- You and the individual granting the recommendation shall not be relatives
- You and the individual granting the recommendation shall not reside at the same address
- Examples of suitable recommendations may originate from: member of clergy, law enforcement officer, university/college faculty member or equivalent, librarian, official learning/tutoring center representative, employment supervisor
As a home school applicant, you must complete a 500 -1000 word application essay that describes how the you have been successful with your home-school independent learning environment and why you will benefit from distance learning college-level coursework. In addition, you must submit evidence of the coursework completed and level of performance reflecting acceptable accomplishments. A telephone interview will be conducted with you by the provost.
Get started on your journey to academic and career success! Simply complete our online admission application, or call Grantham University today at (888) 947-2684. An admissions representative will gladly help you explore degree programs and student financial assistance opportunities, and begin the college admission process.