To enjoy an optimal online learning experience at Grantham University, your computer must meet the following minimum technical requirements.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Processor: 1.6GHz or faster
- Operating System: Windows XP (Home or Professional), Windows Vista, or Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit
- Memory: 1GB of RAM or greater
- 40 GB Hard drive (or equivalent storage medium)
- Broadband Internet connection 256kbps or faster
- Display setting capable of at least 1024×768
- Internet Explorer version 6 or higher, and/or Firefox 3 or higher
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or higher
Special Technical Considerations
Macs are capable of navigating Grantham’s web-based interface; however, Grantham cannot guarantee full functionality. You are ultimately responsible for remedying any incompatibilities between the Mac platform and the Grantham online learning environment. Several courses require the installation of third-party software. This software may or may not be compatible with Macs. It is your responsibility to run the software on a compatible platform of your choice.
Other Operating Systems
If you choose to use any operating system other than Windows XP (Home or Professional), Windows Vista, or Windows 7, 32 or64-bit, Grantham cannot offer technical support. This includes, but is not limited to, the usage of any distribution of Linux, Mac OS, any emulation/virtualization software.
Several Grantham courses require the installation of third-party software. The system requirements for third-party software should fall within the published specifications above, but please consult the individual software packages to ensure compatibility.
This list is subject to change and does not guarantee your ability to access the Internet. See your ISP and system manufacturer for more details and specifics.