Online Computer Engineering Technology Bachelor of Science Degree
Architectural and engineering services are expected to see a 28% growth. (Source: Spring 2012 BLS Occupational Outlook Quarterly)
Get your technology career off the ground with an online degree from Grantham University. By earning your Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology (BS-CET) degree, you will be ready to dive right into the design and development of digital systems, and the associated software.
Through the convenience of Grantham’s 100% online format, you will work through a targeted curriculum that includes electronics and computer engineering technology courses, as well as computer science courses. Computer science components include programming and computer network courses. Electronics and computer engineering technology components include electronics theory, circuit design, microprocessor design and advanced topics in computer engineering. You will come away with the current techniques for designing and evaluating both hardware and software systems, and making recommendations concerning their use and modification.
Note: A student should be prepared to enter MA105 – College Algebra. If this is not the case, developmental math is available. Also, it is expected that you are computer literate and able to install programs, copy files from a disk to the hard drive, move files within directories, and use Word and Excel at a basic level. If you need basic computer skills, you should take CS101 at the beginning of the program.
Computer Engineering Technology Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, computer engineering and technology
- Apply creativity in the design of systems, components or processes appropriate to program objectives
- Function effectively on teams
- Demonstrate respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal and global issues
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement