Online Information Systems Security Bachelor of Science Degree
Grantham University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security (BS-ISS) prepares you for applying the technologies and procedures professionals use to secure business systems. Through the convenience of our 100% online environment, you will learn how to identify security risks and create effective strategies to stop them. You will also discover how Information Systems Security is essential to organizational success.
The curriculum focuses on operating systems, computer architectures, networking protocols and security basics. You will possess the knowledge to analyze the role of security within an organization, as well as educate employees within the business about their security responsibilities. Upon completion of the degree, you will be prepared to sit for industry-standard certifications in Network+, Security+ and CISSP where otherwise qualified*.
*Although this degree is designed to prepare you to sit for various certification exams, Grantham University cannot guarantee successful completion of those exams. In some cases, field experience and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or successfully pass the exams.
Information Systems Security Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Recognize and define concepts of computer systems, hardware, software, programming languages and networks
- Examine a problem, identify and define the computing tools and techniques relevant to its solution
- Effectively convey technical knowledge both verbally and in written form to a variety of audiences
- Analyze the professional, legal, and ethical impact of Information Systems Security on individuals, business organizations and society
- Identify and analyze information security risks within today\'s business environments
- Apply industry-standard techniques to secure large-scale networks