Online Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
Take your nursing career to the next level with an online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – Nursing Informatics from Grantham University. Through the convenience of our 100% online MSN program, you can advance your career – without interrupting your current job or family commitments.
The program focuses on current trends in:
- Leadership and management
- Human diversity and social issues
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Research and global, evidence-based practice
Please note: All MSN students need to complete a Major Applied Research Paper (MARP) at the end of their specialization program for their final research seminar.
RN to MSN Bridge Option
For information on our RN to MSN Bridge Option, go here.
MSN Nursing Informatics Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the MSN program, the student will be able to:
- Define the role of the informatics nurse working with current system integration efforts.
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations.
- Utilize advanced health assessment and pathophysiology in making nursing diagnoses and decisions about educational and therapeutic interventions.
- Design nursing care for a clinical or community-based population based on biophysical, psychosocial and organizational sciences.
- Demonstrate professional and high level communication skills when involved in peer review, advocacy for patients and families, reporting of errors and professional writing.
- Function in a leadership role when collaborating with team(s) to generate knowledge that supports evidence-based practice and improves healthcare outcomes.
- Apply theory and researched-based knowledge from nursing and the sciences in leading the interdisciplinary team to design, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of care.
- Analyze the relationship between major issues in healthcare and the deployment of information technology.
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, high school graduates, government employees, nurses, healthcare professionals, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.Request Info