MSN - Case Management Specialization
This specialization prepares nurses to deliver personalized services to patients. Students learn how to improve patient care outcomes through patient referrals, as well as evaluation of the healthcare system and its ability to meet patient needs. Students gain knowledge and clinical expertise in the case management and working in health maintenance organizations. All students of our MSN online degree programs will be required to complete a Major Applied Research Paper (MARP) at the conclusion of their Specialization as part of their final research seminar.
The specialization focuses on current trends in:
- Leadership and management
- Human diversity and social issues
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Research and global, evidence-based practice
RN to MSN Bridge Option
For information on our RN to MSN Bridge Option, go here.
MSN - Case Management Specialization Outcomes
- Utilize the basic conceptions of Case Management when planning and implementing patient care.
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations.
- Incorporate concepts of advanced health assessment and pathophysiology in making nursing diagnoses and decisions about educational and therapeutic interventions.
- Design nursing care for a clinical or community-based population based on biophysical, psychosocial and organizational sciences.
- Demonstrate professional and high level communication skills when involved in peer review, advocacy for patients and families, reporting of errors and professional writing.
- Function in a leadership role when collaborating with team(s) to generate knowledge that supports evidence-based practice and improves healthcare outcomes.
- Apply theory and researched-based knowledge from nursing and the sciences in leading the interdisciplinary team to design, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of care.
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, military personnel, high school graduates, government employees, nurses, healthcare professionals, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.