Certified Information Systems Security Online Courses
Grantham University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security (BS-ISS) prepares you for applying the technologies and procedures professionals use to secure business systems. Through the convenience of our 100% online environment, you will learn how to identify security risks and create effective strategies to stop them. You will also discover how Information Systems Security is essential to organizational success.
The curriculum focuses on operating systems, computer architectures, networking protocols and security basics. You will possess the knowledge to analyze the role of security within an organization, as well as educate employees within the business about their security responsibilities. Upon completion of the degree, you will be prepared to sit for industry-standard certifications in Network+, Security+ and CISSP where otherwise qualified*.
Although this degree is designed to prepare you to sit for various certification exams, Grantham University cannot guarantee successful completion of those exams. In some cases, field experience and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or successfully pass the exams. We offer a variety of financial aid options as well as degrees for military spouses and others.
Information Systems Security Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze a system, and identify and define the security risks and requirements for secure operation
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet security needs
- Address professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- Use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing security practice
- Identify and analyze security risks of an information system
- Develop security and recovery policies appropriate to an information system
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, military personnel, high school graduates, government employees, first responders, law enforcement, firefighters, EMS professionals, EMTs, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.