Online Information Systems Bachelor of Science Degree
From 2010-2020, employment of computer systems analysts is expected to grow by 22%, software developers 30%, network and computer systems operators 28%, and computer programmers 12%. (Source: Spring 2012 BLS Occupational Outlook Quarterly)
Grantham University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BS-IS) prepares you to organize, coordinate, direct research and facilitate the computer-related activities of a business.
Through the convenience of our 100% online learning environment, you can choose electives in information systems or take courses in an area in which information systems are applied, such as business or health informatics. Upon completion of the degree, you will be prepared for work in a wide range of professions including database specialist, web designer, applications programmer and systems analyst.
Information Systems Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Recognize and define concepts of computer systems, hardware, software, programming languages and networks
- Examine a problem, identify and define the computing tools and techniques relevant to its solution
- Effectively convey technical knowledge in written form to a variety of audiences
- Analyze the professional, legal, and ethical impact of Information Systems on individuals, business organizations and society
- Design, build and maintain distributed databases and web-based systems
- Identify and evaluate the role of Information Systems within a business organization
- Apply project management principles to the design of Information Systems solutions in a business environment
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, high school graduates, government employees, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.Request Info