Client Information Systems Degree
From 2010-2020, employment of computer systems analysts is expected to grow by 22%, software developers 30%, network and computer systems operators 28%, and computer programmers 12%. (Source: Spring 2012 BLS Occupational Outlook Quarterly)
Grantham University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BS-IS) prepares you to organize, coordinate, direct research and facilitate the computer-related activities of a business.
Through the convenience of our 100% online learning environment, you can choose electives in information systems or take courses in an area in which information systems are applied, such as business or health informatics. Upon completion of the degree, you will be prepared for work in a wide range of professions including database specialist, web designer, applications programmer and systems analyst. Our bachelor programs are perfect for active military personnel, military spouses, people who work full time, or anyone else who has a lot of demands on their time.
Information Systems Program Outcomes
At the successful completion of the program, you should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze a problem and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs
- Address professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- Use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice
- Analyze processes that support the delivery and management of information systems
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, military personnel, high school graduates, government employees, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.