Nursing Education Degree Online
This specialization prepares the professional registered nurse with additional knowledge and clinical expertise in Nursing Education that builds on baccalaureate nursing education and practice. This specialization prepares the graduate to understand emerging trends and roles in nursing education in both the academic and healthcare environments. Tenure, promotion, governance, academic freedom, and ethical concerns will be emphasized. All students of our MSN online degree programs will be required to complete a Major Applied Research Paper (MARP) at the conclusion of their Specialization as part of their final research seminar.
The specialization focuses on current trends in:
- Leadership and management
- Human diversity and social issues
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Research and global, evidence-based practice
RN to MSN Bridge Option
For information on our RN to MSN Bridge Option, go here.
MSN – Nursing Education Specialization Outcomes
- Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations
- Utilize advanced health assessment and pathophysiology in making nursing diagnoses and decisions about educational and therapeutic interventions
- Design nursing care for a clinical or community-based population based on biophysical, psychosocial and organizational sciences
- Demonstrate professional and high level communication skills when involved in peer review, advocacy for patients and families, reporting of errors and professional writing
- Function in a leadership role when collaborating with team(s) to generate knowledge that supports evidence-based practice and improves healthcare outcomes
- Apply theory and researched-based knowledge from nursing and the sciences when defining and conceptualizing nursing curriculum
- Identify stakeholders who should be involved in curriculum development
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, military personnel, high school graduates, government employees, nurses, healthcare professionals, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.