Online Nursing (BSN) Degree
Earning your Bachelor of Science - Nursing (BSN) from Grantham University is an important step in your decision to advance your nursing career. Grantham’s RN to BSN Degree Completion Program is 100% online to build upon your associate degree with current, evidence-based courses, designed according to the NLN Competencies for Nursing Graduates and QSEN Competencies.
Through Grantham’s convenient online format, you will expand your nursing skills in the areas of leadership, community concepts, research and professional practices. By studying the current nursing trends and issues, you will be prepared to become a prominent new member of the healthcare community. With the exception of our practicum courses, our 100% online programs allow many people with limited time, including active military personnel and those who work full time, to pursue careers in nursing.
Admissions Requirements (meets the Kansas Articulation Model)
The RN to BSN Degree Completion Program at Grantham University builds on the foundation of previous nursing education at the associate degree level. To be admitted into the program, you need to satisfy Grantham’s general undergraduate admissions requirements, as well as provide proof of the following:
- An earned Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN/ASN/AAS) in nursing from an accredited nursing program with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Current and unencumbered RN License as indicated by Date of Issue
- Nurses educated outside the United States, who are eligible to practice as an RN in the United States must:
- Have an earned associate degree in nursing that equates to a U.S. associate degree
- Be CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) certified and pass the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse)
Note: Certain states, such as Kansas, require CGFNS certification as part of the vetting process to earn a valid and current RN license – please check with your state to determine requirements
RN to BSN Program Outcomes
The mission of the program is to expand your skills in areas of leadership, community concepts, research and professional practice related to current trends and issues in today’s global society. Upon successful completion the program, you will be able to:
- Utilize effective communication in oral, written, interpersonal and electronic modes.
- Employ clinical judgments based on evidence-based practice standards and ethical practices.
- Identify accountability when providing and ensuring safe, efficient, quality patient care.
- Synthesize available resources to apply critical thinking to complex clinical situations.
- Select culturally competent care concepts for individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate proficiency in caring for communities and populations experiencing threats to well-being.
- Display concepts of lifelong learning to enhance personal and professional nursing practice.
- Apply clinical technologies and informatics in practice.
Learn how an online degree from Grantham could change your life and ignite your career success. Our online classes are a great fit for active duty military, veterans, military spouses, military personnel, high school graduates, government employees, etc. Contact us at (888) 947-2684 to find out more about our accredited degree programs, financial assistance opportunities and enrollment process.