CSM Virgil R. Williams Scholarship
to Grantham University
Application Deadline – July 7, 2015
EANGUS is partnering with Grantham University to award a full Undergraduate or Graduate Scholarship to the University. The scholarship, named in honor of CSM Virgil R. Williams, is valued at $38,600, and covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees. The Scholarship value depends on the degree selected and credits transferred.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Initial Eligibility Requirements:
- EANGUS member
- Unmarried son or daughter of an EANGUS member
- Spouse of an EANGUS member
- Unmarried spouse or unmarried dependent son or daughter of a deceased EANGUS member who was in good standing at the time of their death
- Applicants must submit an essay with personal, specific facts as to his/her desire to continue his/her education and why financial assistance is required.
- Applicants must meet Grantham University’s minimum admissions requirements
- Applicants must meet any special program admissions requirements
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within 6 months of being awarded the scholarship
- The Scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
Please note: Honorary, Associate and Corporate membership alone does not qualify any persons listed above on 1 through 4 for eligibility for a scholarship. EANGUS member applicants, parent or guardian of unmarried sons and daughters who are applicants and members whose spouse is an applicant must have at least one (1) year remaining on his/her enlistment following completion of the school year for which application is submitted, or have served twenty (20) or more years of service.
Continuing Eligibility Requirements:
- Scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing
- The Scholarship Recipient must remain continuously enrolled as defined in Grantham University’s Catalog.
Please Note: The Scholarship donated to EANGUS provides an opportunity for the recipient to obtain a degree. It does not guarantee degree completion. The recipient must comply with all University policies, i.e. admissions requirements & Satisfactory Academic Progress as outlined in the University Catalog. The scholarship will only cover the costs of courses, textbooks, software and fees required for the recipient’s chosen degree program. Courses outside the degree program may be taken, but at the expense of the scholarship recipient.
Grantham University will make three attempts to award the scholarship. If the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place candidates decline the scholarship, Grantham will not award the scholarship for that current year.
The Scholarship Application Process begins March 2, 2015 and ends July 7, 2015. For all other scholarship information and updates, please visit our scholarships page.
There will be no consideration given whatsoever because of friendship, rank or grade of applicant, applicant’s parents or applicant’s spouse. Neither shall the applicant’s geographical place of residence be considered. Awards will be made on basis of scholarship, character, leadership and need.