National Organization of Blacks in Government (B.I.G.) partners with Grantham University to offer one of its members a full scholarship to the university.
Application deadline: November 3, 2014
The National Organization of Blacks in Government (BIG) is partnering with Grantham University to award one BIG member a full scholarship toward either an undergraduate or graduate degree from the University. The scholarship is valued up to $38,600, and covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees. Scholarship value depends on degree selected and credits transferred.Application Closed
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a member of Blacks In Government (BIG) as of August 2013.
- All applicants must be current BIG members working toward an accredited degree and enrolled in a two- or four-year undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Scholarship recipient must meet minimum standards for admission into Grantham University per requirements in the University’s Catalog.
- Recipient must complete an essay, not less than 500 words and not more than 1,000 words, discussing what BIG 2014 National Training Institute's theme (DREAM BIG, TRAIN WELL, and EMERGE TO GREATER HEIGHTS) means to him or her.
- Applicants must meet Grantham University’s minimum admissions requirements.
- Applicants must meet any special program admissions requirements.
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within six months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The Scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
Continuing eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing**
- Scholarship recipient must remain continuously enrolled**
- Authorization for a degree change must receive prior approval from the Grantham University Scholarship Committee.
Grantham University will make three attempts to award the scholarship. If the first, second and third place candidates decline the scholarship, Grantham will not award the scholarship for that current year.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight Eastern Time on November 3, 2014. The scholarship recipient will be selected by the BIG scholarship committee. Selection criteria include academic ability, financial need and essay submission.
The scholarship for BIG provides an opportunity for the recipient to obtain a degree. It does not guarantee degree completion. The recipient must comply with all University policies (i.e., admissions requirements and Satisfactory Academic Progress). The scholarship will only cover the costs of the courses, textbooks, software and fees required for the recipient’s chosen degree program. Courses outside of the degree program may be taken, but at the expense of the scholarship recipient. Big National will notify the Scholarship Recipient by December 8, 2014. A Press Release and Announcement will be posted on Grantham's website at www.Grantham.edu and BIG National's website at www.bignet.org by December 22, 2014.Application Closed
** As defined in the Grantham University Catalog