National Organization of Blacks in Government (B.I.G.) partners with Grantham University to offer one of its members a full scholarship to the university.
Application Opens: May 6, 2016 EST
Application Deadline: November 4, 2016 @ 11:59 PM EST
The National Organization of Blacks in Government (BIG) is partnering with Grantham University to award one BIG member a full scholarship toward either an undergraduate or graduate degree from the University. The scholarship is valued up to $39,741, and covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees. Scholarship value depends on degree selected and credits transferred.Application Closed
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be current members of Blacks In Government (BIG).
- Recipient must complete a 1,000 word essay discussing “What BIG’s 2016 National Training Institute’s Theme Means to You.”
- Applicants must meet Grantham University’s minimum admissions requirements.
- Applicants must meet any special program admissions requirements.
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within six months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The Scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
Continuing eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing.
- Scholarship recipient must remain continuously enrolled as defined in the University Catalog.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight Eastern Time on November 4, 2016. The scholarship recipient will be selected by the BIG scholarship committee. Selection criteria include academic ability, financial need and essay submission. Grantham University will make three attempts to award the scholarship. If the first, second and third place candidates decline the scholarship, Grantham will not award the scholarship for that current year.
The scholarship for BIG provides an opportunity for the recipient to obtain a degree. It does not guarantee degree completion. The recipient must comply with all University policies (i.e., admissions requirements and Satisfactory Academic Progress). The scholarship will only cover the costs of the courses, textbooks, software and fees required for the recipient’s chosen degree program. Courses outside of the degree program may be taken, but at the expense of the scholarship recipient.
Big National will notify the Scholarship Recipient on December 11, 2016. A Press Release and Announcement will be posted on the University’s website at www.Grantham.edu and BIG National’s website at www.bignet.org by December 11, 2017.Application Closed