- Also in this section...
- Paying for School
- Cost of Attendance
- Textbook and Software Grant Program
- Textbook List
- Net Price Calculator
Find Out Your Cost of Attendance Before You Start School
Know up front what your estimated costs are for earning your online degree at Grantham University. The Needs Analysis – or Cost of Attendance – below gives you a clear picture of what you need to budget to attend the University. This calculation is used to determine your “financial need,” which is the basis of financial aid award packages, as well as eligibility for other types of financial assistance.
Indirect and Direct Costs
Both direct and indirect costs make up the cost of attendance.
- Direct costs are usually paid directly to the university. These include: tuition, fees and books.
- Indirect costs are additional expenses you may incur while attending school, which are not paid to the University. Personal expenses, room and board are examples of indirect costs.
Even though Grantham University is 100% online, we are permitted by federal regulations to include reasonable cost for living expenses (room and board). However, room is excluded for students who live in military housing or receive a military housing stipend.
The following budget items are included as part of the Cost of Attendance:
- Books, supplies and miscellaneous fees
- Loan fees (if applicable)
- Room and board
- Dependent care (if applicable)
Example of Budget and Needs Analysis Calculation for an Academic Year:
Needs Analysis Calculation
|Tuition (24 credit hours)||$6,360.00||Cost of Attendance||$15,967.50|
|Estimated Books, Supplies and Fees||$1,320.00||- EFC||2400|
|Room & board||$6,264.00||= Financial Need||$ 13,567.50|
|Cost of Attendance (Budget)||$15,967.50|
* Figures are determined by a national average obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
We look forward to helping you earn a highly targeted online degree in the most affordable way possible. Call Grantham University today at 888-947-2684 to find out about our low tuition rates and other financial assistance opportunities that may be available to you.