Academic Success Tutor – Accounting
Grantham University, established in 1951, is proud of its continuous commitment of service to service members, veterans, and their families, as well as the general public. Grantham University offers more than 50 certificate, undergraduate and graduate degree programs online. Tutors, at their discretion, integrate additional resources to enhance students’ mastery of learning. Student courses are delivered through Blackboard. As a tutor, you can make a difference in the lives of others!
Grantham University is seeking qualified individuals to provide tutoring services to students enrolled in associate and bachelor level courses. Academic Success Tutors will provide academic support services to GU students through individual tutoring sessions. Academic Success Tutors will assist students in targeted subject areas and/or courses. Academic Success Tutors will also provide assistance with developing appropriate academic skills, including non-cognitive, to ensure academic success.
Tutors are needed for the following areas:
Tutors are engaged as independent contractors and are not employees of the University. Tutors are responsible for providing their own equipment and work from their own chosen location.
- Provide academic assistance to GU students, using synchronous tools such as web conferencing, Google Hangout, whiteboard software, screen sharing, etc.
- Assist students in targeted subject areas and/or courses via individual tutoring sessions
- Offer assistance with developing strategies for non-cognitive behaviors
- Work with the tutee to develop a study plan that fits the student’s individual needs
- Prepare tutoring sessions to ensure the tutee’s academic development
- Assess the tutee’s progress throughout tutoring sessions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience preferred
- Knowledge of indirect and direct tutoring techniques preferred
- Knowledge of learning theory and non-cognitive behaviors preferred
- Previous work with adult students required.
- Experience in online course delivery preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, is required
- Able to tutor on evenings and weekends is preferred
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills required
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Able to multi-task, yet maintain close attention to detail and timeliness of work production.
- Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the general public)
If interested in the opportunity to tutor our students, please, click submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae and unofficial college transcripts in one document.