Inbound Marketing Manager
Position: Inbound Marketing Manager
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Lenexa, KS
Be a Life Changer! Grantham University is a nationally accredited online University founded in 1951 by a veteran to serve active duty and retired military service members, along with other non-traditional students. Since our move from Slidell, Louisiana, to the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area in 2005, we have grown steadily and have added jobs to the community. If you are looking for a rewarding position with an organization that allows you to positively change lives every day through the power of education, look no further than Grantham University.
The Inbound Marketing Manager develops, implements and manages the strategy and tactics to generate demand, and drive and engage online web traffic that converts visitors into prospective students. This role is required to provide a proactive service level to several University departments, maintaining strong relationships with internal clients and key vendors as well as coordinating internal resources. In the arena of Social Media, this role will be responsible for the strategic planning and day to day management of all social media execution, tracking and reporting, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google +, Pinterest and. This role must perform project management within the position’s job description and serve as a team member with others who collaborate on related marketing initiatives. The Inbound Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, but works closely with other marketing, communications and outreach staff.
The successful candidate will have experience managing customized and complex email campaigns as well as Social Media platforms, using inbound marketing strategies to generate demand. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate an intermediate to advanced understanding of SEO principles and application of same. This candidate will be a proactive thinker who is independent and prefers mentoring and guidance rather than being managed. This is a non-supervisory position with the potential to evolve into a team lead requiring supervisory responsibilities
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage initiatives related to Social Media, Email and SEO – translating strategic objectives into actionable, measurable projects. Oversee tracking and campaign performance for assigned initiatives
- Develop and manage a comprehensive social media strategy for the university and its strategic partners.
- Actively participate in a wide range of social media activities to include, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogging, Google +, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Analyze and report web analytics and make recommendations to improve user experience, drive traffic, and grow subscriber base
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for issues regarding social media marketing, email, and SEO
- Assist with the development and delivery of quarterly plans and Statements of Work
- Deliver quarterly plans including test and roll-out of campaigns to achieve department objectives for lead nurturing, student enrollment, outreach and other objectives
- Assist in the creation and execution of Strategic Action Plans including managing any special projects
- Work to engage Grantham University alumni through email and web content development along with Social Media platforms, effectively involving other stakeholders
- Manage marketing automation software and email platform. Serve as the resource and liaison between the University and email platform vendor. Serve as the in-house expert for social media, email and marketing automation
- Serve as a key department service contact, providing consultative guidance as it relates to Social Media, email, mobile, and SEO best practices and industry trends
- Define necessary resources for creative and content development including graphic design, copy, video, and web development
- Meet quality assurance standards when overseeing creative and campaign execution to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Work with compliance on all materials including but not limited to copy and content approvals
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- A related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in search engine and digital marketing experience required. Experience includes campaign development, platform integrations, web & email analytics, media planning & buying and client relationships (internal or external)
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an email platform such as ExactTarget, Emfluence or other major platform.
- 3-5 years’ experience with marketing automation software such as HubSpot or Marketo
- Background in email technology, data analytics, SEO and business intelligence is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Self-motivated and a strong team player. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Education marketing experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to adeptly multi-task several projects at one time and attention to timeliness of work production essential
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required. Tableau or Power BI desired.
- A desire to build technologically advanced marketing programs required
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the general public)
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Able to effectively present information to executive management, faculty, staff, students, and/or board of directors.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to present facts to faculty for departmental response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats. Able to deal with non-verbal behavior in assisting with problem resolution.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone and computer).
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, and make presentations
- This position may involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented - passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success