PT Compliance Publishing Specialist
Position: Compliance Publications Specialist
Reports To: Compliance Manager
Location: Lenexa, KS
Position Type: Part time, Regular
Be a Life Changer! Grantham University is a nationally accredited online University founded in 1951 by a veteran to serve active duty and retired military service members, along with other non-traditional students. Since our move from Slidell, Louisiana, to the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area in 2005, we have grown steadily and have added jobs to the community. If you are looking for a rewarding position with an organization that allows you to positively change lives every day through the power of education, look no further than Grantham University.
The primary function of this part-time position is to manage key controls to ensure timely and accurate development, publication and distribution of selected compliance publications in accordance with requirements of applicable state and accrediting agencies. The primary publication will be the university catalog and associated addenda. Secondary publications include the Student Consumer Information Handbook and other Compliance related policies and procedures as well as forms used by the department.
Secondary functions of this position are to support the Compliance Manager as required primarily in the area of default prevention and management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage key controls to ensure timely and accurate development, publication and distribution of the university catalog and associated addenda.
- Monitor state and accrediting requirements related to compliance publications to ensure integration into Grantham publications. Assist in the preparation of federally mandated Program Integrity disclosures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with all university offices and departments to provide ongoing training and development to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Expert Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, primarily Word
- High level of proficiency with InDesign
- Proficient with Google Apps, primarily Gmail and Google Drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail; proofreading; highly organized; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team; computer literate
- Ability to set and enforce aggressive deadlines with customers required
- Ability to prioritize daily workflow required
- Experience with for-profit higher education compliance and regulatory affairs preferred
- Knowledge of state regulatory requirements for postsecondary educational institutions preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Occasional travel by car is required (less than 10%)
- Language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret federal and state statutes, rules and regulations.. Ability to effectively communicate using written and/or oral skills. Mathematical Skill: Ability to apply concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone)
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, and reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to hold a valid driver’s license and able to keep automobile insurance
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – established record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented - passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a disciplined desire to achieve the mission
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to ensure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success