Senior Business Analyst
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Department: Marketing Communications
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Location: Lenexa, KS
Be a Life Changer! Grantham University is a nationally accredited online University founded in 1951 by a veteran to serve active duty and retired military service members, along with other non-traditional students. Since our move from Slidell, Louisiana, to the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area in 2005, we have grown steadily and have added jobs to the community. If you are looking for a rewarding position with an organization that allows you to positively change lives every day through the power of education, look no further than Grantham University!
The Senior Business Analyst is an experienced, data-savvy business analyst that serves to expand the University’s analytics capabilities. This position is accountable for transforming all Online Marketing and Student Interest data into business intelligence; performing analysis; as well as developing interactive dashboards and visualizations to communicate trends and insights. The incumbent needs to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Senior Business Analyst needs to be innovative and passionate about finding creative data solutions to business challenges and strategic priorities. This role collaborates with a team but also must be a self-starter and can work autonomously to add value. This is an individual contributor role and works on site in Lenexa, KS.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Online Market Research
- Lead and facilitate the design, development, and implementation of robust dashboards and visualizations to drive key business decisions and operational excellence.
- Conduct primary quantitative research for online educational search trends, utilizing historical inquiry and enrollment data, analyzing said data, and creating predictive and actual trend reports based on analytical results of historical and current data
- Leverage data mining, model building, and other analytical and statistical techniques to develop predictive models that help inform business strategies and outcomes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to implement innovative analytical solutions that provide value, optimization, and cost advantages.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions and help set the analytics roadmap to drive process improvements and the goals of the business.
- Manage / research vendor relationships including issuance, evaluation and execution of Budget and Goal targets
- Leverage insights and data to draw conclusions to provide actionable recommendations
- Present results to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner
- Help train and build team members’ knowledge and use of analytical tools and techniques
Secondary Market Research
- Analyze macro-economic data to identify trends that could impact the University
- Report industry developments to keep University Departmental Leaders aware of any pertinent news in the Education Market Space
- Track key Market Space competitors and trends to identify any activity that could affect the University
- Conduct analysis using existing internal data to draw conclusions on key University benchmarks and goals
- Identify and implement innovative market research techniques to better gain Market Space insights
- Conduct Prospective Student Interest / Enrollment Analysis by issuing key weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Marketing or related field, Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Online Market Research and Management, or a related analytical field
- Hands-on experience utilizing SQL (and TSQL) tools, Trend Analysis tools, and Cross-Tabulation/Data Analysis software required
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics, preferably in a Higher Education footprint, required
- Familiarity with Tableau, BI, QlikView or other statistical and/or analytical packages is essential
- Experience conducting data analysis using Excel, Access or other database management software is needed
- Previous research experience in an SEM, SEO, direct response marketing agency environment is required
- A level of proficiency in “R”, as well as Microsoft Azure, a definite plus
- Demonstrated online marketing and channel management experience is required
- An ongoing desire to go beyond assignment-specific work by being creative, and by bringing new ideas to the attention of departmental leadership to improve the overall data management and analytics process is needed
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Able to work in fast-paced environment often with minimal supervision, sometimes under tight deadlines, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Team player with entrepreneurial drive, positive attitude, and high energy is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication; effective presentation skills and one-on-one communication is required
- Willingness to take on other responsibilities, as assigned, along with a desire to grow with the University
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Able to effectively present information to executive management, faculty, and/or staff.
- Mathematical Skill: Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to present facts to faculty for departmental response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats. Able to deal with non-verbal behavior in assisting with problem resolution.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone and computer).
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, and make presentations
- This position may involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented – passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success