Vice President – Marketing
Position: Vice President - Marketing
Reports To: President
Location: Kansas City, MO
Grantham University is proud of its 60-year history and continuous commitment of service to the Armed Forces of the United States of America, Veterans, Active Guard, and their families, as well as public agency staff and students from around the world. Grantham University is 100% online with administrative offices located in Kansas City, Missouri. The University offers 38 associate, baccalaureate and master degree programs which position its graduates for success in their chosen career paths.
The Vice-President of Marketing for Grantham University will serve as the in-house expert on marketing issues. The successful candidate will ensure Grantham University maintains its leadership role in the industry. This position will be involved with the development and execution of innovative, impactful marketing programs. The VP will manage all the following sales and marketing activities: advertising, public relations, market research, creative design/services, social media, lead acquisition, product marketing, sponsorships, military outreach and marketing strategy and planning. This position reports to the President of the University.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
Lead Grantham University brand champion who is passionate about Grantham University’s history, uniqueness and growth opportunities
Review consumer, industry, and category research to identify trends and opportunities to pursue for Grantham University
- Manage advertising, promotion, sponsorships, social media and public relations to enhance Grantham’s brand equity and image
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing initiatives
- Look for new and innovative ways to profitably market and promote Grantham University products and services
- Develop, administer and leverage the Grantham University marketing budget through on-going collaboration with senior leadership
- Develop creative and cohesive marketing programs to support the overall Grantham University marketing objectives and strategies
- Develop and implement powerful, business-building initiatives with select strategic partners which enhance the Grantham University brand as well as positively contribute to Grantham University brand equity among its constituencies
- Implement testing programs to identify/validate potential growth opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Sales and Marketing executive (Senior Director level or higher) with a minimum of 10 years of experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, or related degree is required
- Demonstrate ability to successfully grow brands within highly competitive categories (preferably with major national brand(s))
- Able to synthesize research and information to create compelling marketing and advertising programs
- Proven sales management expertise; able to develop and leverage metrics and measurements to drive performance
- Able to inspire the best from key support areas and to work effectively with other senior leaders
- Demonstrate success in developing online marketing programs, long-term brand building initiatives, and growth initiatives
- Proven ability to create and inspire marketing teams to go above and beyond what’s required to achieve success for the University as well as growing the team’s professional capabilities
- Strong strategic planning and analytic skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive strategy) required
- Effective public speaking skills and presence required
- Experience working with or partnering with a “parent” company preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure
- Minimal travel required
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Able to multi-task, yet maintain close attention to detail and timeliness of work production.
- Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the general public)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Able to effectively present information to executive management, faculty, staff, students, and/or board of directors.
- Mathematical Skill: Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to present facts to faculty for departmental response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats. Able to deal with non-verbal behavior in assisting with problem resolution.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone and computer).
- Frequently required to walk, stand, and make presentations
- This position requires travel. A valid drivers’ license and a good driving record are required for this position.
- This position may involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented - passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success