High School Graduation or Equivalency Undergraduate Admission Requirements

Grantham University requires completion of high school or its equivalency for admission into Grantham’s undergraduate and certificate programs.

If the University is unable to verify successful completion of high school, or its equivalent, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that official proof of high school completion, or its equivalent, is provided prior to the release of federal financial aid in the student’s first term of enrollment. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the student’s immediate dismissal from the University and forfeiture of credits.

Verification of high school graduation, or its equivalent may be provided in the form of an official transcript or other approved documentation that confirms graduation from high school or its equivalent. All documentation submitted will be evaluated per guidelines of the state in which the documents were earned to validate eligibility for admission to a post-secondary educational institution. Certificate of Completion or Special Education Diploma documents are not considered equivalent. Verification documentation that satisfies requirements is approved by the Registrar.

Examples of acceptable verification are listed below:

  • Form DD214 – Veterans may submit a DD214 that indicates high school graduation (please note that not all DD214 documents contain this information)
  • Form DD214 is usually free for veterans and can be obtained in ten (10) working days or less at the following website: www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records
  • Form DD1966 – Service members may submit a DD1966 that indicates high school graduation
  • Form DA669 – Army Service members may submit a DA669 that indicates high school graduation
  • Qualifying Associate, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree awarded from any school accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or foreign equivalent (Official transcript and qualifying agency evaluation must be provided prior to term start to satisfy requirement)