Scholarship for American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) Members
The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is partnering with Grantham University to offer one of its members a full scholarship to the University. Valued at up to $39,471, the scholarship covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees for the recipient to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree at Grantham. The scholarship recipient will also receive a laptop computer provided by Purchasing Power and AFGE.
Applicants must ...
- Be AFGE dues-paying members in good standing.
- Meet Grantham University’s minimum admissions requirements.
- Meet any special program admissions requirements.
- Submit a 1,000 word essay titled, “What my union means to me.” Describe your relationship with the union and the labor movement, how it has personally affected your life, and why you believe you are a good choice for the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within six months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing.
- The scholarship recipient must remain continuously enrolled as defined in the Grantham University Catalog.
The scholarship recipient is selected by the Grantham University Scholarship Committee. Selection criteria include meeting Grantham admissions requirements and the essay submission.
NOTE: The scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing and remain continuously enrolled, as defined in the Grantham University Catalog, to maintain scholarship eligibility. The scholarship will cover the costs of courses, textbooks, software and fees required for the recipient’s chosen degree program. Courses outside of the degree program may be taken, but at the expense of the scholarship recipient.