Master’s Degree Scholarship for SHRM-KC Members
The Society for Human Resource Management of Greater Kansas City (SHRM-KC) is partnering with Grantham University to offer one full scholarship to the University for a master’s degree program. Valued at up to $14,200, the scholarship covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees for the recipient to earn a graduate degree related to human resources at Grantham.
- Applicants must be current SHRM-KC members as of June 1, 2014.
- Applicants must meet Grantham University’s minimum Graduate Admissions requirements.
- Applicants must meet any special program admissions requirements.
- Recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within three months of being awarded the scholarship.
- Students who have already completed their studies are not eligible for this award and may not apply for a scholarship to cover past expenses.
- Each scholarship is a one-time award. However, previous unsuccessful applicants are eligible to re-apply.
- The scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing as defined in the University Catalog.
- The scholarship recipient must remain continuously enrolled as defined in the University Catalog.
- The scholarship recipient must remain an active SHRM-KC member in good standing for the duration of the scholarship period.
- Authorization for a degree change must receive prior approval from the Grantham University Scholarship Committee.
The scholarship recipient will be selected primarily based on merit. Scholarship applications are reviewed and scored by SHRM-KC based on the following criteria. All decisions are final.
- 50% work experience/progression (HR involvement & future career plans)
- 30% volunteer activity (SHRM-KC experience preferred, but not required)
- 20% financial need
A volunteer judging committee comprised of five SHRM-KC Board members will review the scholarship applications and determine the scholarship recipients and two alternates. A press release and announcement of the SHRM-KC scholarship recipient will displayed via Grantham’s and SHRM’s websites.
Please note that the scholarship donated to SHRM-KC provides an opportunity for the recipient to obtain a degree. It does not guarantee degree completion. The recipient must comply with all University policies, including admissions requirements and Satisfactory Academic Progress. The scholarship will cover only the costs of the courses, textbooks, software and fees required for the recipient’s chosen degree program. Courses outside the degree program may be taken, but at the expense of the scholarship recipient.
Grantham University will make three attempts to award the scholarship. If the recipient and both alternates decline the scholarship, Grantham will not award the scholarship for that current year.
Currently, Grantham University is not accepting applications for this scholarship. For information and updates, please check back to this page.