CSM Virgil R. Williams Scholarship An EANGUS Scholarship
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the National Guard (EANGUS) is partnering with Grantham University to award a full undergraduate or graduate scholarship to the University. The scholarship, named in honor of CSM Virgil R. Williams, is valued at up to $39,741, and covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software and fees. The scholarship value depends on the degree selected and credits transferred.
- Applicants must be members of EANGUS or
- Spouses of EANGUS members or
- Unmarried sons or daughters of EANGUS members or
- Unmarried spouses or unmarried dependent sons or daughters of deceased EANGUS members who were in good standing at the time of their death.
- Applicants must complete a 1,000 word essay with personal, specific facts as to their desire to continue their education and why financial assistance is required.
- Applicants must meet Grantham University’s minimum admissions requirements.
- Applicants must meet any special program admissions requirements.
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at Grantham University within six months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain good academic standing.
- The scholarship recipient must remain continuously enrolled as defined in the University Catalog.
Please note: The scholarship donated to EANGUS provides an opportunity for the recipient to obtain a degree. It does not guarantee degree completion. The recipient must comply with all University policies, including the Admissions requirements and Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Grantham University will make three attempts to award the scholarship. If the first, second and third place candidates decline the scholarship, Grantham will not award the scholarship for that current year.
The scholarship application process begins March 1, 2016 and ends June 10, 2016. For all other scholarship information and updates, please visit our scholarships page.
There will be no consideration given whatsoever because of friendship, rank or grade of an applicant, applicant’s parents or applicant’s spouse. Neither shall the applicant’s geographical place of residence be considered. Awards will be made on basis of scholarship, character, leadership and need.