Teaching & Learning Center
When you need academic help, we’re ready with TLC – also known as the Teaching and Learning Center. TLC provides a wide variety of resources and assistance, including individualized tutoring sessions (up to 2 hours per student per week), tutorials, live chat sessions, webinars, the Math Center and the Writing Center – where students can review online helps for most courses.
In addition to student support, TLC provides professional development, training and support for all instructors. Offerings include asynchronous and synchronous webinars and workshops over a variety of topics, ensuring instructors stay abreast of the latest instructional best practices for online teaching and learning to help our students succeed.
The Teaching and Learning Center enhances student learning through teaching excellence while helping students and instructors develop the skills and behaviors necessary to succeed in an online learning environment. Through tutorial services, learning strategies instruction, academic support and mentoring, TLC strives to improve students’ academic performance and foster personal development, while concurrently promoting best practices in online teaching amongst instructors.
TLC is committed to providing the resources students need to improve math, writing and study skills. Our goals are to …
- Enhance student learning and academic achievement
- Provide academic support and resources for students and instructors
- Help students identify learning styles and develop effective study strategies
- Improve the academic performance of students who are struggling with coursework
- Provide professional development on the latest instructional practices for online teaching and learning
Students can access the Teaching & Learning Center at any time for the academic support they need through the Resources tab on GLife.