Veteran Support Team
The Veteran Support Team (VST) is a group of Grantham staff and military veterans dedicated to providing support for veteran students and their families. We offer an array of services, including comprehensive career planning, resource assistance with both educational and non-educational veteran benefits, programmatic assistance for the classroom, ADA accommodations, mentorship, support for our local chapter of the Student Veterans of America (SVA) and assistance with financial management.
VST is on a mission to be continuously ready to serve our service members. Our pledge is to be visible, immediate, personal and proactive with any veteran needs. When you made the decision to attend school online, you embarked on a challenge that can at times seem very lonely. At Grantham University you may be online, but you are not alone. The VST is here to help.
VST gives veterans a place to locate resources, speak with other veterans and engage with Grantham University personnel in a way that can lead to opportunities and advancement for both the University and our students – while striving to meet all obligations of the established principles of excellence for educational institutions serving service members, veterans, spouses and other family members.
Grantham’s SVA chapter provides veteran students an online forum to have discussions and engage in the camaraderie that is so important to veteran success. The SVA serves as an advocate with the University for the veteran and is also a resource to help veterans …
- Network with the SVA group of veteran students and employers
- Boost their resumes with extracurricular experiences
- Engage in leadership training and opportunities
- Increase community involvement
- Participate in and facilitate fundraising opportunities
- Support each other academically, through financial emergencies, with morale and more!
Contact us at email@example.com.
Grantham’s Career Services department is committed to providing our veteran student and alumni population with the career planning resources needed to successfully transition into their desired career fields. The department offers access to a comprehensive career preparation program, called Career Launch, to prepare veteran students for civilian career success. Additionally, team members offer comprehensive one-on-one consultations in the following areas …
- Self-assessment and career goal-setting for post-military careers
- Resume and cover letter creation (military-to-civilian translation)
- Interview protocol and preparation
- Military-to-Civilian transitional guidance
- Federal/Government resume and application assistance
- Veteran-focused employer information sessions
Our goal is to make sure all Grantham students are prepared to successfully secure employment upon graduation. Contact us today at 1-800-955-2527 Ext. 173 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Grantham’s Academics Department is committed to providing our veteran student population with the necessary support and resources needed to successfully complete their degree programs. These resources and support include …
- Individualized, one-on-one tutoring
- Academic success workshops and videos
- Assisting veterans with online academic research
- Helping veterans understand their degree path
Grantham University is partnering with Veterans Voices Writing Project, a program that began in 1946 as an outreach program for veterans returning from World War II, to offer an avenue for our military veterans and active duty service members to join a writing community that aligns with the mission of this noble organization. Grantham University Veterans’ Voices Writing Group (GUVVWG) mission is to facilitate the sharing of experiences through written expression for the purpose of encouraging personal growth in an open-minded forum comprised of any military veterans or active service persons.
The program will provide Grantham University’s veteran and active duty military students with …
- Eight week writing groups facilitated by Grantham University faculty members
- An avenue for students to share their passion for writing
- A venue for students to share their experiences, receive feedback, improve their writing skills, and to make friends with their peers
- The ability to send students’ stories, essays, and poems to Veteran Voices Writing Project (VVWP) headquarters for potential publication in Veterans’ Voices magazine
Interested? Join our Veterans’ Voices Writing Group.
Grantham’s Business Office supports veterans with resources to assist in the area of financial management. This support includes helping veterans …
- Understand their financial responsibilities
- Resolve debts at Grantham University
- Attain information when additional funding sources are being utilized
- Explore emergency funding options