ESGR Recognizes Grantham’s Dedication to National Guard and Reserve Service Members
Kansas City, Mo. – August 24, 2012 – For more than 61 years, Grantham University has supported veteran and active service members through a variety of online degree programs and career services assistance. The University is just as dedicated to providing a supportive work environment for its service member and veteran employees through a variety of programs. The University is proud of that rich history, and was honored to be recognized by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) at the annual Awards Dinner held on Friday, August 24th, 2012, at the Capital Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Pro Patria Award:Presented annually by each ESGR Committee to an employer in their state or territory who has provided the most exceptional support to national defense through leadership practices and personnel policies that support their employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
- Grantham offers pay differential and continuing health care/insurance for deployed service members and families when away from work performing military service. Grantham offers a military preference in hiring and is an active member in ESGR. In addition, Grantham awards full scholarships on an annual basis to a deserving member of the Marine Corps Association, the Air Force Association, and the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of theUnited States.
- Seven Seals Award: Given at the discretion of the Missouri Committee ESGR chairman to recognize the efforts by a citizen, business or organization, whose supportive actions have benefited all of the Reserve Components in a significant manner. Recipients of this award demonstrate outstanding support, commitment and extreme patriotism to the United State military.
- The University participates in numerous service group organizations including Veterans Stand Down and Wounded Warriors, and provides support to the military and their families through the Association of the United States Army, Command and General Staff College Foundation and nationwide military installation activities. In addition, Grantham has a unique Military Scholarship Program that covers the remaining tuition costs after a service member’s military tuition assistance benefits have been applied. Annually they award $3 million in grants and $5 million in scholarships.
- Above and Beyond Award: Recognizes employers at the state and local level who have gone above and beyond the legal requirements for granting leave and providing support for military duty by their employees.
Joseph McGrath, president of Grantham University, accepted the awards on behalf of the University and said, “We are truly honored to be recognized by ESGR for our efforts in support of veteran and active service members. A supportive work environment for our employees is vital to their success and to our success as a university dedicated to the continuing education of service members and veterans.”
Grantham’s mission is to provide accessible, affordable, professionally relevant degree programs in a continuously changing global society. At the heart of that mission is Grantham’s continued commitment to meeting the educational needs of our nation’s military service members and veterans. For the past 61 years, the University has remained true to its founder’s pledge to serve the academic needs of those who serve our country through military scholarships, an interactive online learning environment, and a solid student support structure.
For more information about Grantham University and its degree programs, visit www.grantham.edu or call 800-955-2527.
About Grantham University:
Established in 1951,GranthamUniversityspecializes in online education for the working adult student. Grantham’s online undergraduate and graduate degree programs include: Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Information Technology, Medical Coding and Billing, Nursing, Human Resource Management and Business Intelligence. Accredited since 1961 by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council,GranthamUniversityhas compiled a distinguished record as a respected and accredited distance learning university spanning six decades of service to education.