Military Tuition Assistance

How TA Works

Grantham is approved by all U.S. military branches for TA, meaning all active duty service members are able to use their TA to attend. Accessing and applying your military TA is a process that can take up to four weeks, so it’s best to get started as soon as possible. Here’s how it works.

Please note: Many DoD websites have security certificates that most personal computers will not automatically accept. To access the links below, you will likely be prompted to manually accept their security certificates.

Step 1

After selecting the program or course(s) you’d like to enroll in, meet with your branch’s Education Services Officer (ESO) to further understand your TA benefits and the options available. Prospective students are directed to receive approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their military service prior to enrolling.

Military service members must use the portal of their branch of service:

Step 2

Request TA funds for your planned courses through your branch’s education portal.

Step 3

Army TA approval will be automatically forwarded to University of Arkansas Grantham. For other branches, make sure to send your TA authorization (ESO-approved forms) to your Grantham student financial services officer.

Step 4

If you are using additional funding sources (such as Federal Student Aid), be sure to complete the specific, required steps for the funding before your first course starts. To use federal student financial aid you must use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit our Federal Financial Aid page for more information.

Step 5

Once your eligibility is determined, you’ll receive a funding plan outlining the cost of attendance and eligible funds for the academic year.

Explore our Programs

By submitting this form, I agree that University of Arkansas Grantham may email, call and/or text me about education programs at the number provided including a wireless number, possibly utilizing automated dialing technology. Message and data rates may apply. Providing this consent is not required in order to enroll. If I live outside the U.S., I am giving consent to transfer my data to the U.S. I also agree to the terms in our privacy policy.

Have Questions About Using Your TA?